To my fellow Kababayan: If you're reading this, that means you've found my blog like others did! I'm glad that my blog is serving some purpose to connect fellow Filipinos in Charlotte and nearby! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any question. Know more of me and how to connect with me via my other blog : Zen Ventures. Or join Toasty Brown Online Forum by clicking on the brown box on the right and let your voice be heard! Salamat!!! - Maricris

Friday, June 13, 2008

And the Saga begins...

Ako ay Filipina ! Ako ay Kulay Kayumanggi...

Yes, I am a Filipina and I'm proud of my color! Brown and beautiful ... No matter what others say...I stand proud of who I am or where I am ! Our color makes us stand out in the midst of a crowd or even from a far...That is what makes us special.

But there is more to it... It is what we have made ourselves to be that spells who we truly are! Brown or no brown, culture or no culture. The essence of our own persona is all that matters in the end...

How have we all become, being transplanted away from our native lands and native ways ? How have we survived the test of time and temptation of becoming someone else to blend in with the new culture we have come to adapt to?

Do we still see ourselves as brown-skinned or trying to be fair-skinned - maging puti o kasing-puti tulad ng espasol ? Is that why, most of us try so hard to color our hair blonde ?! - parang mga maninisid sa dagat na nakula ang buhok sa init ng araw at ng alat ng tubig-dagat? - just so to look like caucasian !? -awwww gimme a break!
look at ourselves. We're no closer to looking like them. - That just remind me of a lyric in a song that was popular back then and now... "Ako ay Pilipino, ang ilong ko ay pango..." It is not to degrade but it is more to be aware of who we are and to be proud of it- which unfortunately not most of us do.

This blog intends to chronicle the ways, culture and lifestyle of Filipinos and Asians including all the race of color like us in America directly from the eyes of a Filipino herself...

The truth be told...

No comments: