To my fellow Kababayan: If you're reading this, that means you've found my blog like others did! I'm glad that my blog is serving some purpose to connect fellow Filipinos in Charlotte and nearby! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any question. Know more of me and how to connect with me via my other blog : Zen Ventures. Or join Toasty Brown Online Forum by clicking on the brown box on the right and let your voice be heard! Salamat!!! - Maricris

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Dragon Awakes


It's been forever since I have updated this blog and for the year 2009 - "the Dragon must wake up" and fly to new heights to venture into the world of blogosphere. There's a lot to say, a lot to posts and so many stories to tell...

First off, New Year is the most celebrated holiday in Asia. New Year has come and gone in the US for me, yet every year, I have this great yearning or crazy wish to be right in the Philippines just to experience the excitement akin to New year again. Even if it was only for a day! I miss the noise, the firecrackers and its' grand display of beautiful art that fills the sky at the strike of midnight like if it was 4th of July! Then, there's the Media Noche {Midnight dinner} that culminates the welcoming of the new year. So much of it is missed.

Being in the US is so different. As vastly different as our culture is to it. Yet you learn to adapt. All we did {like how it is for as far as I can remember} was stay home, watch TV {this year, we caught up on our downloaded TV shows} and switched to regular programming close to midnight to partake in the countdown in NY while the ball drops! The honor of turning on the switch went to the Clintons this year {Bill and Hillary} - call that exciting!

ah to be somewhere else during New Year!

Are you like me, hankering for the things gone?





Zen Ventures: My 100th Post and the New Year

No comments: