To my fellow Kababayan: If you're reading this, that means you've found my blog like others did! I'm glad that my blog is serving some purpose to connect fellow Filipinos in Charlotte and nearby! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any question. Know more of me and how to connect with me via my other blog : Zen Ventures. Or join Toasty Brown Online Forum by clicking on the brown box on the right and let your voice be heard! Salamat!!! - Maricris

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Madame Cory Aquino - Paalam!


January 25, 1933 – August 1, 2009
picture courtesy of wikipedia

I'm saddened to learn today of the recent death of former President Cory Aquino. An Icon that pioneered People Power and the first Female President of the Philippines who has revolutionized the status and power of women all over the world. The President that gave a whole new meaning to the Yellow Ribbon! A plain housewife that rose to power and ruled not just the government but an entire country. It's not surprising that even President Obama himself was saddened by her death. Cory is a legend.


picture courtesy of Inquirer.net

She will always be remembered. Her name will forever be etched in history books. Farewell Madame Cory! You're life has been and always will be an inspiration to all of us Filipinos! Mabuhay ka!

1 comment:

Pam said...

she was a strong woman, carrying on the work that her husband started. first female president. she definitely will be missed.