To my fellow Kababayan: If you're reading this, that means you've found my blog like others did! I'm glad that my blog is serving some purpose to connect fellow Filipinos in Charlotte and nearby! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any question. Know more of me and how to connect with me via my other blog : Zen Ventures. Or join Toasty Brown Online Forum by clicking on the brown box on the right and let your voice be heard! Salamat!!! - Maricris

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I've been privileged to guest write for 8 Asians since last week. I just emailed Ernie (Editor) my second post and hopefully, my final third this week, of which will eventually make me a regular writer on the site after that. Ernie's requirements were pretty straightforward & he made it conducive for potential writers to be more natural & free-flowing with their idea articles.

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic to have found a site dedicated to being Asian. The same principle that I have with Toasty Brown : to connect and dissect, if I must say, the kind of life we live & how we adapted to this foreign culture, we all now call HOME. Surprisingly, Toasty Brown has evolved more into a hub for people looking to connect to other fellow Filipinos in the area. It seem like this is the ONLY FILIPINO blog in Charlotte & sorrounding area. The first link that pops up among the list when you type Filipino in Charlotte according to those who found it. I should give it a try & google these claim. In a sense I'm proud that this blog has found GREAT purpose in blogosphere!

I just wish there were more Filipinos in this side of town.

To read my articles on 8Asians click HERE and share your point of view.

2 comments:

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Kumasta ka! Magandang blog!

Robin said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog a while back (I am sorry I'm so slow!). I'm definitely not Asian, but I am interested in other cultures. Maybe by following your blog Ill learn a thing or two! Thanks for the kind words!
-Robin